Thursday, December 13, 2012

Color in White

I listen to a lot of K-pop and C-pop, but I’ve never really ventured further into the world of Asian media. So, for my final post, I thought I would try something new and listen to some Thai pop. Out of all of the Thai pop songs that I heard, I found Color in White by the band 25 Hours to be the most interesting. I clicked on the music video for this song because I was curious about the name “25 Hours.” I have always wished that there were more hours in a day, and 25 seemed like a satisfying number. The song itself came off as a typical acoustic pop song at first, but after listening to it a few times, it became really catchy. I wanted to sing along, if only I knew the lyrics. Color in White is a very soothing song.

I also enjoyed that I could make out the plot of the music video even though I couldn’t understand a word of Thai. The girl and the guy in the jacket seem to be rekindling a past relationship, or maybe the guy used to like her, but when he shows up at her doorstep he sees that she already has a boyfriend. So I get why the guy is excited and running to her house. I just don’t understand why the other guy, in the plaid shirt, is running as well. Maybe if I re-watch it a few times I’ll figure it out.

Color in White:


(Thanks to everyone who has been reading our blog! This was a pleasant experience.)

-Sherry

1 comment:

  1. This song is pretty sweet. I too cannot understand a single word of Thai but it was still fun to listen to. Then again, I can't understand more than a few words of Korean either...

    I feel like this song sounds like Korean indie. It's pretty cool being able to feel the international variation in musical styles.

    ReplyDelete